Accounting: Check Cashing
The Accounting Office has limited funds available to cash checks for faculty, staff and registered students of the Institute.
- Personal checks cannot exceed $40.00 per day.
- Second-party checks will be accepted if approved by the Controller or his/her assistant.
- Identification may be required. The employee's or student's ID card will usually be sufficient.
- There will be a $5.00 charge for any check returned by the bank for any reason.
- A faculty, staff member or a student will lose his/her check cashing privilege for the remainder of the semester or summer recess if a check is returned by his/her bank. Returned check abuse is grounds for permanent loss of check cashing privileges.
- There are no check cashing privileges for students during the summer recess unless the student is employed on campus.
- Any exception must be approved by the Controller or his/her assistant.