Accounting: Recharges, Interdepartmental
The inter-departmental Recharge Form has been designed to record and charge expenses incurred by one department/school for the benefit of another. All recharges must be prepared and distributed by the end of the month in which the expense is incurred.
The inter-departmental Recharge Form should be distributed after completion as follows: the original to the Accounting Office and one copy to the department/school being charged. Retain one copy.
- Write in the department/school to be charged. You may get this information from the department/school receiving the materials or service.
- Write in your department/school and the account name and number where the expense was incurred.
- The descriptive space on the form is for detailing the charges. This information is necessary for your departmental accounting as well as for the recharged department/school.
- The Submitted by space is completed by the person authorizing the recharge.
- The approval must be by an employee authorized by the department/school. Reference Administrative Manual – ACCOUNTING: Authorized Signatures.